Osteoporosis is a disease which makes our bones weak and increases the rate of fracture. It mainly decreases the density and strength of bones which results in fracture of bones. It means thinning of bones. This condition appears when there is a lack of minerals in the bones. In this, the bones become brittle, thin and fragile. The bones which are mainly affected by osteoporosis are hip, shoulder, wrist or spine. There are 2 types of osteoporosis- primary and secondary. Primary osteoporosis occurs in women after menopause and secondary osteoporosis affects the young and middle age persons. The causes of osteoporosis are a deficiency of calcium, hereditary, excess drinking of alcohol, smoking, arthritis, less physical activity. AVG Bones And Joints Care is the Ayurvedic treatment for osteoporosis.
There are several ayurvedic ways for the treatment of osteoporosis but some of them are as follows:-
- Triphala: – Triphala is a combination of haritaki, amalaki, bibhitaki. Triphala is used to treat the bone disorders. The combination of three herbs makes it beneficial to treat the colon which helps in nourishing the bones and make it strong. It helps to treat the colon and it will be able to absorb all the nutrients which will help to strengthen the bones and make it strong.
- Consumption of calcium: – In our daily diet it is very necessary to add calcium. Deficiency of calcium in our body leads to the osteoporosis problem. Almonds are the best for fulfilling the need of calcium. They help to strengthen the bones. Milk and almond both are very helpful to cure osteoporosis problem.
- Amla: – Amla is a rich source of calcium, vitamin c, fiber, nutrients and minerals. Amla helps to repair the tissues of bone which makes bones strong. It stimulates the production of bone building cells which will help in strengthening of bones. Amla has 30% more vitamin C than oranges which help to prevent us from osteoporosis.
- Fish oil: – Fish oil is also beneficial for osteoporosis. As fish oil contains a lot of calcium and vitamin D which helps to cure the bones. The fatty acid, omega 3, vitamin D content in fish oil helps to increase the bone density. Fish oil can help in the bone thinning problem and cure the osteoporosis problem.
- Soy foods: – Soy is the best bone strengthener. As soy is rich in proteins, minerals which act as estrogen for the body. It is best for the women’s after menopause as the level of estrogens in the body gets decreases and can be taken into the level by consuming soy foods.
- Broccoli: – Broccoli contains vitamin K which is very helpful in keeping bones healthy and strong. Due to lack of proper nutrients, minerals, vitamins, calcium in the body cause bone disorder and osteoporosis. Broccoli helps to provide sufficient vitamins to the bones so that they can become strong.
- Eating banana:-Eating a banana in a day helps to make bones strong. In women’s hip and spine, bones can be stronger when there will be a proper amount of potassium in their body. Banana contains a lot of potassium which keeps bone building cells active and bones healthy.
- Herbal remedy: – Make a combination of shatavri, vidari, wild yam, Kama duba helps in osteoporosis. When this mixture is taken with milk help in building the bones and makes them stronger. It helps in preventing osteoporosis.
These are the ayurvedic ways for the treatment of osteoporosis. These all are the natural ways and have no side effects. Consuming a cup of yogurt in a day helps in providing nourishment to the bones. As the foods that are rich in calcium, vitamins are very helpful in treating osteoporosis. By consuming these products regular exercise can also be useful for strengthening bones.
Read This Also : 15 Unbelievable Facts About The Human Body