Kidney stone treatment :- Kidney stone is a small form of minerals and several other compounds which is formed inside the kidney. The size of stones may vary i.e. small or large. There are several types of kidney stones like calcium, struvite and cystine. Kidney stone is a very common problem and some stones are painful and some are not. Due to our lifestyle and eating habits causes kidney stone. Sometimes people didn’t recognize the exact problem as the pain travels from kidney to abdomen, ureter. To diagnose the kidney stone problem X-Rays, ultrasound is the imaging test through which we can detect the kidney stone location and its size.
Symptoms of kidney stone
- There will be an excess pain in the kidney or abdomen. This pain is unbearable and it needs for checkup and medicines.
- Some drops of blood are visible while passing urine.
- The basic symptom is vomiting, nausea, back pain. It causes when there is an excess pain in the kidney. The back pain doesn’t go by moving our body or changing position.
- Some of the kidney stone causes infection in the kidney which can be diagnosed when the fever comes and person feels cold.
- When a person feels difficulty in passing urine or penile pain arises it means the kidney stone problem is there.
Causes of kidney stone
- The basic cause of kidney stone is constipation. The irregular bowel movements, swelling in the liver, less urine pass out from our body can lead to the formation of kidney stone.
- A condition arises when our body absorbs too much amount of calcium and it is excreted in the urine can cause kidney stone.
- Kidney stone forms due to inflammation or any substance obstruct in the supply of blood to any organ.
- The diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, cystinuria, hyperparathyroidism can also cause kidney stone.
- Dehydration is the main cause of kidney stone. The lack of fluid in our body can cause stones in our kidney. When our body doesn’t have a proper amount of fluid to dissolve the solid substances then the formation of stone in the kidney increases.
- Eating the food that contains a high amount of protein, salt and sugar can lead to form a stone in the kidney. The more amount of salt the more will be the calcium in our kidney which can cause kidney stone.
- Hereditary i.e. if our family member suffers from kidney stone then the possibility of kidney stones in other members will increase. If we have kidney stone problem in past then the risk of formation of stone will also raise.
- Drinking a lot of water. Stones which are small in size can be passing out through urine. When there will be excess fluid in our body then the chances of flushing of stones will be high. Excess consumption of water helps in flushing of stones naturally through urine.
- There are several medicines available as pain reliever like ibuprofen, Aleve which are helpful in pain relief and removing kidney stone.
- Alpha blocker is a medication which doctors recommend to pass out kidney stone. It helps in relaxing the muscles so that stones can be passing out easily.
- For removing large stone from kidney a surgery is recommended by doctors. With the use of telescopes and some other instruments, large stones can be removed from the kidney. Some general anesthesia is given to the patient and through an incision in the back stones can be flushed out.
- Home remedies like lemon and basil juice are helpful in removing kidney stones. Basil contains acetic acid which helps in the breakdown of stones into small pieces that can be removed with urine. Lemon juice also contains citric acid which helps in removing the calcium stones by breaking the stones and prevents the formation of new ones.
For removing the small stones home remedies and medicines can work but for large stones, surgery will be the best way. Drinking lots of water will help in the prevention of stones in the kidney.